Come Monday, April 7th, there are a few operational changes you should be aware of.
- We will open at 9 a.m. every day, including weekends.
- Food and beverage is available daily at Market Fresh and Cuzzins in the Main Base Lodge.
- The summit lodge is open for restrooms daily – food and beverage is no longer available.
- The Carinthia lodge is open downstairs and closed upstairs. Restrooms, the Vault retail store (tickets available) and tables for bag lunches are all open daily.
- Launch Pad and the Discovery Shuttle closed for the season. Long John beginner trail from the summit is the only novice terrain open.
- Private lessons are available – please inquire at the Clocktower.
- Planned lift mode for the remainder of the season is:
- Nitro Express at Carinthia 9 am – 4 pm
- Bluebird Express in the Main Base 9 am – 4 pm
- Challenger Triple on the North Face 10 am – 3 pm
- Lift tickets are $65 for adults (age 19-64), $55 for youth/seniors (age 6-18, 65+) and $5 for 5 and under. Half day prices will be $55 for adults and $45 for youth/seniors. There are no Snow Guarantees offered for Spring conditions.
Projected closing date is Sunday – April 13th. Any changes to that date will be posted on the snow report.
When will we decide if we will stay open until Easter?? Probably by April 8th. We want to see how the current weekend shakes out. I will be completely honest with you and tell you that due to several weekends of “less than perfect weather,” attendance has been a little low – hey, I don’t blame you. It has been a long, cold winter. While our March skier visit numbers have been a bit disappointing our man hours to de-ice lifts and regroom trails have been tracking ahead. My gut on this one is that we will close on April 13th.
If we close on the 13th, the Golden Easter Egg hunt will also take place on that day. Click here for all the details and some clues to get you started: http://mountsnow.com/event/?detaillink=6465
My best advice is to lap up as many trails as you can fit in! Take lots of photos, eat lots of waffles and relish the wind and sun as you whip down your favorite trails. Ski and ride until your legs burn and high five your friends at the end of every run. The near is in sight so make your last days on the hill count!
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/ktab25f