Mount Snow’s Training Center is one of New England’s premier freestyle, alpine race and snowboard education and competition centers. Our specialized seasonal programs afford young athletes the opportunity to further enhance their love of their sport through our Development and Competitions Programs.
Our 15-week season long program is for skiers and riders ages 6 through 18 who can ski/ride the majority of terrain at Mount Snow, and focuses on developing sound skills and the technical aspects of snowboarding, all mountain skiing & freestyle skiing. Participants are matched with a coach based on their area of interest and their ability level. One coach oversees a group of kids whose skills and abilities complement each other. This coach works with them on a weekly basis, helping them to become proficient in the use of Mount Snow’s terrain features and encouraging the development of their skills. The Development Program provides the personalized attention of working with the same coach each session (in instances when the coach cannot make a weekend we have substitute coaches to fill in) and the group confidence of learning with familiar faces. The program is also an environment in which the participants are able to have fun and form lasting friendships.
The Program runs every weekend December 7, 2013 until March 16, 2014, from 8:30 a.m. until 12:45 p.m. as well as the additional dates of 12/23/2013; 12/26-27/2013; 1/20/2014. Please note the program does not run 12/24-25/2013.
Development Program Events:
• JANUARY 12, 2014 – FUN RACE
• JANUARY 19, 2014 –PARK DAY
• JANUARY 26, 2014 – DUAL MOGUL CHALLENGE
• FEBRUARY 9, 2014 – VALENTINE’S DAY RACE
• FEBRUARY 16, 2014 – CRAZY HAT DAY RACE
• MARCH 2, 2014 – OBSTACLE COURSE DAY
• MARCH 9, 2014 – PARENT/CHILD RACE
• MARCH 16, 2014 – ICE CREAM SOCIAL
2013 – 2014 Program Pricing:
• $1400 for the first child
• $1350 for each additional sibling
* Program cost does not include Mount Snow Season Pass