We have decided to make our last day of skiing and riding, Sunday, April 13. It is incredibly hard for me to make that decision on this classic bluebird day, with most of our trails still open. It is also hard when I know so many of you hearty skiers and riders who come out in rain, ice, snow and wind. Yup, we had all of those conditions last week and I saw you out there! I only wish there were more die-hard enthusiasts like you. The unfortunate part of my job is making decisions that will ensure that we remain a profitable company for many years to come…even when I know those decisions will be quite unpopular.
So here is what we have on tap for you. I hope you can squeeze in a few more days.
Any season passholder can ski any day, even weekends. If you are a midweek passholder, you can ski Sat and Sun.
For the rest of the season we will open at 9 a.m. every day, including weekends.
- Food and beverage is available daily at Market Fresh and Cuzzins in the Main Base Lodge.
- The summit lodge is open for restrooms daily – food and beverage is no longer available.
- The Carinthia lodge is open downstairs and closed upstairs. Restrooms, the Vault retail store (tickets available) and tables for bag lunches are all open daily. We may reopen the upstairs for the weekend. Check the snow report.
- Launch Pad and the Discovery Shuttle closed for the season. Long John beginner trail from the summit is the only novice terrain open.
- Private lessons are available – please inquire at the Clocktower.
- Planned lift mode for the remainder of the season is:
- Nitro Express at Carinthia 9 am – 4 pm
- Bluebird Express in the Main Base 9 am – 4 pm
- Challenger Triple on the North Face 10 am – 3 pm. Please note that this lift will open at 9 am on April 12th if the Glade-i -ator takes place.
- Lift tickets are $65 for adults (age 19-64), $55 for youth/seniors (age 6-18, 65+) and $5 for 5 and under. Half day prices will be $55 for adults and $45 for youth/seniors. There are no Snow Guarantees offered for Spring conditions.
Glade-i-ator: It is tentatively rescheduled to next Saturday, April 12. We will make the official announcement on Thursday, April 10 in the snow report as to whether the event will take place on Saturday based upon weather and snow conditions on Ripcord. Anyone who pre-registered online and already knows they won’t be able to make it on the 10th, should email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know and we will provide them with a refund.
If you are registered and we decide the event will take place, all you need to do is show up. The schedule for the event will remain the same with practice (weather permitting) from 9 – 11 a.m. and the event starting at 11 a.m. with the beer garden and BBQ at the base of Ripcord.
Golden Egg Hunt: The hunt for the golden egg (winner is treated to a complimentary season pass) will take place on Sunday, April 13. Click here for all the details and some clues to get you started: http://mountsnow.com/event/?detaillink=6465
Thank you! We are so fortunate to all of you who choose to ski and ride with us. And a special thank you to our season passholders. Your enthusiasm for our resort is unequalled. You are extremely supportive of our staff and we love having you as part of our big, fat, extended family!
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/o6fh8k2