At Mount Snow, we are committed to promoting skier and rider safety awareness to ensure the best possible guest experience on the mountain. As a resort, we use industry standard safety guidelines provided National Ski Areas Association that are geared towards all alpine activities allowed on our trails including alpine skiing, snowboarding, telemark skiing, adaptive and monoskiing. We recommend staying on terrain that is within your ability level and following Your Responsibility Code, which is listed below.
1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Mount Snow also promotes and institutes other safety programs from the National Ski Areas Association including Smart Style terrain park safety.
Mount Snow has 15 aerial chairlifts ranging from double chairs to a six passenger bubble chair. Please watch the videos below for proper loading and unloading procedures of aerial chairlifts.