Mount Snow Valley League
The 2012/2013 Valley League Race Series is back!
(Schedule & Updates Below)
Racing, Parties, & Prizes.. Grab some friends and make a team.
Racing will take place on Wednesday’s from 10am – 2pm on Charlie’s Chase, Ego Alley, and South Bowl! Registration takes place the morning of the first races from 8:30am-10am in the Main Base Lodge (cash or check only please). Entry is $100 per person.
Each competitor will be asked to take two runs during race time and their best time will be taken. Scoring will be weighted based on the amount of competitors within that division (Male Ski, Female Ski, Male Snowboard, Female Snowboard). Competitors will be allowed to drop their two lowest point totals for Valley League King and Queen bracketed system.
This year we are proud to have Long Trail, Sierra Nevada, Magic Hat, Otter Creek, and Bud Light all on board as beer sponsors. Restaurants in the valley hosting parties include The Valley View Saloon, the Dover Bar & Grill, the Silo, the Lodge at Mount Snow, One More Time and the end of season party at the Snowbarn. Each week we’ll video tape the race and have parties at each establishment featuring a highlight video from the day, drinks, appetizers, and a bib raffle for all competitors that raced that week.
Like last year, at each party location we’ll have our sponsored beer on tap as well as representatives from the breweries/sponsors.
- $100 per person for the season.
- $75 per Mount Snow employee for the season.
- Non Season Pass Holders can purchase a discounted Valley League lift ticket for Wednesdays at $45.00. This will only be good on race days and you have to be registered in Valley League to recieve one.
- All Valley League racers MUST have a lift ticket on them, available to scan each time you get on a lift. If you are wearing a speed suit and don’t bring your pass/ticket you will NOT be allowed on the lift. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- 10 person maximum per team, 5 person minimum.
- There are no mandatory # of skiers or snowboarders or gender specific needs. However in order to maximize your teams points it is beneficial to have at least one person from every division.
- Teams must be finalized by the third race of the season.
Each competitor will be asked to take two runs between 10am and 2pm. Best time will be taken.
- Scoring will be weighted based on the amount of competitors with in that division (Male Ski, Female Ski, Male Snowboard, Female Snowboard).
- Competitors will be allowed to drop their two lowest point totals for the Valley League King and Queen bracketed system.
- Each week the top four scorers from each team will contribute to the team total for the end of season Team Trophy.
Prizes & Awards:
Each week we’ll recognize those who win from each division at our apres parties and we will have a huge bib raffle for prizes from our beer sponsors, product/equipment sponsors, as well as restaurants and valley businesses. At the end of the season awards banquet a huge bib raffle will take place for skis, snowboards, helmets, goggles and other top level prizes from our sponsors.
- For each weeks results and up to date individual and team scores please visit Event Results.
|Date||Trail||Discipline||After Party||Beer Sponsor|
|12/12||POSTPONED||POSTPONED||One More Time||Olde Burnside|
|1/2||Charlie’s Chase||Dual Paneled Slalom||Valley View Saloon||Sierra Nevada|
|1/9||Charlie’s Chase||Races #2(red) & #3 (blue)DualPaneled Slalom||Dover Bar & Grill||Long Trail|
|1/16||Charlie’s Chase||GS||The Lodge||Otter Creek|
|1/23||Charlie’s Chase||Paneled Slalom-Seperate ski &snowboard courses||The Silo||Bud Light|
|1/30||Charlie’s Chase||Dual Paneled Slalom||One More Time||Magic Hat|
|2/6||South Bowl||GS||Dover Bar & Grill||Bud Light|
|2/13||Charlie’s Chase||Races #8(red) & #9 (blue)||Valley View Saloon||Sierra Nevada|
|2/27||South Bowl||GS||The Lodge at Mount Snow||Otter Creek|
|3/6||King & Queen on Charlies Chase - Dual Paneled Slalom||Snowbarn||Long Trail|
* Dates and locations subject to change.
For more information email Brandon Coulter at email@example.com.